LM6 Keyboard Translation Chart - Appendix C

raywins

Anyone out there have a paper copy of the GE Fanuc LM6 Programming manual GEK-25379? On the Legacy Infolink CD, GEF thoughtfully decided to leave out the 3 copies of the "cheat sheet" that was the magic decoder ring between a Workmaster II and a PC keyboard. I haven't touched LM6 in years and really miss the reference card. Can some kind person do a HQ scan of the Keyboard Translator page (both sides). Either email a copy to me at [email protected] or attach the JPG file to a reply if it's not too large. Then all LM6 users can have it.

Eternally grateful!

-Ray

Ray

I thought I might be able to help you out with this, I opened my logimaster users manual at appendix C, only to find the cards have been removed. :rolleyes:

I know most of the 'keyboard translations', so if you have no luck with someone else providing you with a copy of the card (Steve Bailey maybe?), I will compile a list and repost here for you.

Paul

I have the manual, but I don't have a scanner. I'll see what I can do about getting the relevant pages scanned.

In the meantime, here's a selection from the readme.lm6 file in my LM6 directory.

o Control keys have been added to facilitate programming on a
PC/AT/PS-2 keyboard.

o CTRL I : enter letter I in workarea reference line.
o CTRL 0 : enter letter O in workarea reference line.
o CTRL R : enter letter R in workarea reference line.
o CTRL C : enter letter C in workarea reference line.
o CTRL U : enter letter A in workarea reference line.
o CTRL , : change workarea to decimal format.
o CRTL . : change workarea to double precision format.
o CTRL / : change workarea to signed decimal format.
o CTRL H : change workarea to hexadecimal format.
o CTRL B : change workarea to binary format.
o CTRL Z : clear workarea line.
o CTRL D : delete the last character.
o CTRL S : move the workarea cursor.
o CTRL E : enter the current function.
o CTRL A : accept the rung.
o CTRL P : display previous rung.
o CTRL N : display next rung.
o CTRL W : shift/enter.
o CTRL = : toggle +- sign.
o CTRL 0-9 : enter channel 0 through 9 in workarea
o CTRL F1-F6 : enter channels A through F in workarea.
o ALT X : confirm the prompt.

Thank you Steve.
Appreciate your posting. The one important key combination I'd add to the list is Alt-Z, which exits LM6 out to DOS. I was scratching my head for awhile trying to shut down LM6.

Yeah Paul, you've found the problem... most people rip the reference cards out to use when they're in a Series Six class. We used to tell them to do that.

You would think that having worked for GEF for ten years that I'd have a copy of all the PLC manuals, but I actually left everything behind when I left for A-B. :-(
-Ray

I will add one more to the list.

ALT 1 : Toggle LM6 mode (offline/monitor/online)

I tend to use the other keyboard shortcuts, no need to press CTRL.

Backspace : O for output
Scroll Lock : A for auxiliary
Page Up : R for register
Home : clear work area line
Page Down : Enter current function
End : while editing accepts changes/new rungs
The other one I use is the top left hand key, the one just below the Esc key this switches between the work area lines.

Another little feature that I use is the Teach facility, here you can assign various multiple keystrokes to an F key. I assign a program load and store to the F1 key. You can enter teach mode by Alt J.

For example:

Alt J : enter teach mode
Alt F1 : keystrokes to be assigned to F1 key.
F6 : Load store and verify
F1 : Load into LM memory
P : select CPU as the source, I don't bother entering a program name as there is no need.
Page Down : Enter or Ctrl E. next step comes after load complete
Alt 1 : Twice to toggle LM6 to online
F2 : store program from LM memory
C : select c drive, curser down to program name. Type program name in.
Page Down : enter. Next step comes when store complete
F8 : to return to the supervisors menu. Then type in the program name.
F1 : To turn on the 'valid' file and also enter display program mode.
Alt K : To end teach mode.

Using the above, if we restart Logicmaster, for any reason, instead of re-doing all the above keystrokes, we just have to press Alt F1, and the above keystrokes including typing in of program name are carried out automatically and in the exact same order that you typed them, that includes any mistakes you made, then used the delete key to clear. Neat little feature that.

Paul