LM6 - file need printout

dunit

I need a printout of an old LogicMaster 6 (series six) program. I do not have an old PC to run the LM6 program to view it. Thanks for any help.

There wasn't a .nam file in the zip so I added a little test to the first line element to create the annotation file.

BTW, LM6 can be run on most machines up to 32 bit XP.

Thanks! but can I ask for one more thing?

Thanks Rick and rkicklighter! I very much appreciate your help.

I found another directory with additional files that include the .nam file. Can I get another printout with the annotation? Also, is there a way to get a printout of the hardware configuration from these? (It's been so long since I used a Series six that I can't remember where these are stored or how to view them.)

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure how I was going to find an old computer/software to view these.

Thanks again! You guys are a Godsend!

Thanks!

Cool! Thanks!

Unfortunately (for many reasons), we are running on Windows 7. I have not used VMware before but will look into into it. Hopefully it will run on Windows 7, but I can certainly find a XP box.

One last question. Do the configuration files contain the information to recreate the hardware arrangement of the PLC? I am also trying to figure out which cards were actually used with the program. I know some things are implied by the I/O tables at the end.

Thanks again!

VMWare will run on Windows 7. I run serveral different VM's everyday. It's the only way I can bounce between software versions.

Now for your S6 question. You really can't tell from the a Series 6 program what cards are used in the system. Details on the entire system are needed. I can say this has no expanded CPU config so all real world Inputs are I adn Ouptuts are O. However these can be internal also. It all depends on the card addressing setup and this is done via dip switches on the backplane where the card resides.

There is no way to tell from a program unless it's documented, if an input comes from a 110 VAC isolated input or a 24 VDC input. Same with outputs. For this you have to visually determine what card is in which slot. Then determine how that slot is addressed by it's switch selection.

What's this for? It looks familiar.

There isn't any standalone hardware configuration file for a Series Six. Each individual module uses either 8, 16, or 32 bits of an I/O channel. The dip switches at each slot of the chassis determine the starting address for the module. Its up to the end user to make sure that you don't assign the same address to more than one module. Some modules only use the inputs, some only use the outputs, and some uses both inputs and outputs.

Thanks Steve for clearing up my explanation. I sometimes forget that many people have never even seen a S6.

dunit, are you changing to another GE PLC? If you are and want assistance with the conversion send me a PM. It won't be free but the group I work for does these all the time. This is a very simple one.

Thanks guys!

Thanks! I was afraid you would say that (about the hardware).

I have used series six on my side of the plant, but it's been 15+ years ago. That is why they are asking me for info on this project/plc.

So we had two issues. One is seeing what we need for spares until the project is complete (we were trying to do it without needing electricians, as we are not allowed to open electrical cabinets because of arc-flash rules). The second is knowing what all the S6 plc does to determine for future design. Unfortunately, over the years, this system has been added to by way of slapping other PLC's to the system instead of upgrading the one PLC. So, we have a series Six, a series One, and a 90-30 in addition to a A/B SLC500. Not a good way to manage a system.o_O

At this point they are in initial design plans and just want to make sure they understand what it does. My guess with our budget constraints, this won't even get to detail design until next year, if then. I will keep you guys in mind when we get there, but I don't even know what their plans are for the system at this point. Your help here will be remembered, although I don't have much say in the final decisions.

Thanks again for your help! Have a great weekend!