Siemens Portal copy inputs from profinet device to structure in FB

JDCROCKETT724

I am tying to find a way to copy 10 words from my input area into a structure I have mapped out for my device. What is the best/simplest way to accomplish this in Portal?

In a 1500 (never tried for a 300) but you can create a UDT for your data and apply that UDT to an IO range. Then if you have the same UDT in a DB you could just use a single BLK-MOV command.

Is that kind of what you are looking to do?

In a 1500 (never tried for a 300) but you can create a UDT for your data and apply that UDT to an IO range. Then if you have the same UDT in a DB you could just use a single BLK-MOV command.

This is also true for the 300/400.
Also, besides the UDT it also works with a STRUCT in the same way.

I don't have my pc infront of me right now but i believe you create your UDT (PLC data type in portal) then go into the tag table, enter the address to the bit level, then enter the udt name in the data type field.

I don't have my pc infront of me right now but i believe you create your UDT (PLC data type in portal) then go into the tag table, enter the address to the bit level, then enter the udt name in the data type field.

You enter the address for the first bit, and assign it to the UDT, as JOLTRON says. It then creates the rest of the structure for you. Super easy, especially for drive telegrams.

Note that this only works for I&Q tags, not M. No idea if there is a real reason, or if they just don't wanna take away from how special DBs are.