Fluttering outputs

khewes

Hi everyone,
I am using micrologix starter lite for an Allen Bradley micrologix 1000. I have not had the chance to connect to the PLC yet. In my ladder logic, my outputs are unstable and flutter on and off after a TOF timer. When run via advanced hmi, the outputs as lights do not remain on for the designated time, but instead turn on and back off continuously until the time is up. Any guidance would be much appreciated, thank you.

Attached is the zipped RSS file thank you....I apologize for the poor commenting I am new to micrologix, I just figured out how to add rung comments

Last edited:
We would have to know what is going on in your HMI.

But one problem I do see is you are "Double Coiling" the outputs ( controlling them(same output) in different rungs). The last rung always wins.

Last edited:
thanks mickey, yeah i was just thinking that the test all might have been messing it up. I think maybe a memory address would help instead of having an output address at the end of each rung. does that sound like a possible solution to "double coiling"?

Also I am not sure what you mean by what is going into my HMI. My HMI is currently just one single screen with an activate button, stop button, four individual light test buttons, and one test all button. As well as four pilot light outputs