Can't Get AB 1732E ArmorBlock Outputs to Respond on EIP Commands

ProgrammerMe

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I am stuck on trying to get an ArmorBlock, 1732E-16CFGM12QCR to respond to EIP outputs. My PLC is Panasonic FP0H-C32ET. I Registered the exact EDS that RA provides for THAT module.
1708702435238.png
I have tried different connections types, especially focusing on the Open, Exclusive Owner. I have tried the with and without the Pwr Status.

With the project loaded into the PLC and online with the PLC, watching the DataView, my inputs work great. (I am presently set to Open, Exclusive Owner, which makes only TWO words, which are listed in the EDS textview as two bytes of inputs and two bytes of outputs; they show up after Registering the EDS as one word each.) Here is screenshot of the DataView with Input0 ON on the module:
1708702488171.png

On the right side, you see the data view with the 1st bit of the word a "1." That goes to "0" when I remove the jumper from pin 1 to 4 on the module. Pin 1 is 24V sensor supply, pin 4 is the 1st channel on that receptacle. Pin 3 is the negative and the module instructions are that this either-input-or-output module, to make a channel an output, wire a load device between the channel pin and the negative. I have a 0.5VA LED light wired between those two points. Also the module has LED indicators that are to respond. Instructions are to turn the output bit on / off in the user program and that is supposed to make it happen. Well NOTHING happens. Here is my bit showing turned on in my DataView:
1708702804378.png

But neither the module LED nor my load LED turn on. This is a brand new module. I've tried other outputs, just to see if the module LED would respond without a load; nothing.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• 1708702132673.png
    1708702132673.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1708702363804.png
    1708702363804.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
PROBLEM SOLVED! I discovered, for a reason completely unknown to me, that there needs to be TWO EMPTY WORDS between the input word and the output word in the PLC addresses. How the target knows about those words in the PLC, I've no idea. There are multiple ways to accomplish that, but it surely seems that the EDS file should have taken care of that! One way to get that to happen is to choose Logix Exclusive Owner rather than Open Exclusive Owner. If Logix is chosen, the word count required is THREE for the input words, not just ONE. Then the auto addresser will address accordingly. Or you can choose Open... and turn off the auto addresser and let two blank words between the PLC addresses and it will still work. I am letting mine set to Logix... so that those "dud" words are automatically required, but I turned off the auto addresser so that I could chose, instead of LD memory areas, WR memory areas. That lets me set up the DUT as Array of BOOL with 16 BOOLS and relate to the inputs & outputs as individuals without packing BOOLS_TO_WORD and unpacking bits with WORD_TO_BOOLS.

Regards,
Nevin