A-B 1732E-IB16M12DR Configuration issues

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,
As you remember from a previous post on another topic I am programming a training cell with 5 robots.
One of the robots has the above referenced module on it for sensing part present, clamp position, etc. It’s a FANUC, and the robot guys need the instance, size and configuration info to manually input into the robot software through the teach pendant.
When I added this module to the I/O tree, it doesn’t give me options to do this type of configuration, like a generic Ethernet module for instance.
So do I need to use a generic Ethernet module with the I/P address for the block? Take the block out of the I/O tree? The manual doesn’t say much. The robot guys have the EDS files for the module but to experiment with all the configurations for instance, size, etc. is counterproductive and isn’t working well. Thanks for reading and have a great rest of your week!!
Respectfully,