A-B 1732E-IB16M12DR set up

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys
I'm programming this training cell as I mentioned in a previous post. Root of this problem is:
We installed the above mentioned module on a FANUC robot. It will sense part present sensors, clamp positons, etc. When I added the module to the I/O tree, (1756-L73S, V. 28) it shows the configuration screen and all is well with that.
However, the robot wants an instance number, size of inputs and output bytes like when one adds a generic ethernet module. This block doesn't give me that option, the manual doesn't say much about it either.
Do I need to just create a generic module with the I/P address of the block and do this configuration? The robot guy has the EDS for the block, but there are a myriad of configurations to try. Bottom line it needs to show that information on the teach pendant screen so the robot knows it's communicating with the proper hardware. Sorry to be so dense. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Why the PLC can't be the 'Master' and communicate with the block in the I/O tree and pass along the 16 I/O points to the robot?

Why the PLC can't be the 'Master' and communicate with the block in the I/O tree and pass along the 16 I/O points to the robot?

Hi and thanks for the reply. One of the things going on here is the program I'm using isn't really a good reference. There's a lot of import/export of routines and rungs going on here. I got a program yesterday that has the routines I need and I'm going to try it today. I noticed I didn't have a FANUC generic module in the one I was using, plus there are some other coms issues. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.