Compactlogic L33ER I/O Fault

Andrew_W

Good Afternoon,

I have a problem that's cropped up in the last few days with a controller faulting on a I/O Connection timeout error 03 16

When I look at the major fault in RSlogix 5000 it shows the following

Port: Backplane
Module: $05e5a9a5$
Error: Connection timed out
Info: <None>

After some onsite testing I cannot figure out which module is causing the fault, when I try and replicate the fault by removing the various I/O modules I only can come up with the Module being $07......$ depending on the module that faults out. I for the life of me can not find anywhere on the Rockwell support site find any correlation to the module number and an actual module type.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Just a WAG.....but check that your end cap is not damaged and that it is seated correctly at the end of your I/O.

It has been a while but I remember having some issues with that at one point.
I can't remember what the exact fault was at that time though.

Good luck,
BCS

Hey, so we checked each of the modules, including the cap, and they didn't appear to be damaged. Upon clearing the fault, it does seem to work for a while, but something is definitely having trouble. (I work with Andrew_W)

If you go online with the controller using RSLinx and go to the controller’s I/O tree it should tell you which module has the error.