Importing GE LM90 VDT/Descriptions to Versapro

bkg123

I'm importing LM90 apps to Versapro, and having troubles with getting the VDT descriptions to come across. Using LM90 v. 9.05 and Versapro v. 2.02. Seems it should be pretty straightforward. But it's not. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Steve
Thanks for responding. Its a strange thing, I can do an import just fine on all the other apps we have. Documentation comes across just fine. But not this one. We performed the save, then wrote back to the processor, and saved again so that the LM90 files would be current for versapro to import. By the book.
Again thanks
Brian Glad
Blue Heron Paper Co.

I see what you mean. I don't know what caused the problem, but here is how I resolved it.

In Logicmaster:
ZOOM on the Variable Declarations Table
Select all declarations and Export to a .snf file. I used the name W_3. Logicmaster automatically appends the .snf extension.

In VersaPro:
Open your Variable Table.
Form the 'Tools' menu, select 'Import Variables'.
Use the file you just created with Logicmaster.
You'll get a message box that says the variables already exist. Click OK.
The form that pops up allows you to select whether to use existing variables or replace them with the imports. I chose 'Replace all Existing Variables'.
Click OK and you should be good to go.

Let me know how you make out.

Worked great

Thanks much for the insight. I guess I better write this one in the troubleshooting log.
Have a great day
Thanks

LM90 to VersaPro I/O corrupted

I am having troubles when importing a LM90 to Versa Pro.. some Popups displays "Bad I/0 Additive checksum"
then: that the "hardware contains an unsupported rack system"

and it wont let me create an import.
Can someone help me?

thanks

When I imported into VersaPro, I got the same error you did. However, the only problem seems to be with the configuration. The ladder logic appears to import OK. It's no big deal to manually create the hardware configuration.

When I imported directly from Logicmaster to Machine Edition it appears to work fine.

Did you imported the file directly from LM90 to Machine Edition?

How??.. I try with the command Restore project... in Machine Edition and it shows an error on the ZIP "missing files".

If you can send me the zip that you made.. maybe my proficy machine edition is a different version or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks Steve 4 ur time