Replacing a Old version of Cp 341 to a newer version

rj061991

Hi!

i have a machine with a defective Siemens Cp341 modbus communication module...what im planning to do is replace siemens cp341 with a newer version of the part number, my question is. do i need to reconfigure the newer version of cp 341??

Thank You

Hi.
So you mean. I just leave the old version configuration at ease in HW configuration?only download the loadble driver to the cp341?? My old cp 341 is 6es7 341 1ch01 0ae0 and i will replace it with.. 6es7 341 1ch02 0ae0...

thank you for the replies.. by the way,, what programming cable i should use to load driver in cp 341???.. cp 341 6es7 341 1ch02 0ae0 supports rs422/rs485

You use the CP340/341 configuration package.

Follow the steps below:

Properties - CP > Basic Parameters

Clicking the Parameters" button (single click) opens the protocol selection interface "Assigning Parameters to Point-To-Point Connections". Here you can select the required transmission protocol.

After selecting the protocol you can carry out the Parameter Assignment of the Driver. Start by double-clicking the letter symbol.

To download the Modbus driver, you have to have an online connection to the CPU (you don't connect to the CP341):

1.Select the desired loadable driver in the "Protocol" drop-down list in the "Assigning Parameters to Point-to-Point Connection" window.
2.Click the "Load drivers" icon.
In the "Load drivers to CP341" window, you see the driver version loaded online on the module and the driver version you have selected offline on the programming device.

3.Click the "Load drivers" button and confirm with "Yes".
The driver will be loaded to the CP 341.
After loading is complete, the information "Driver version online on the module" will be updated.
If the driver you have loaded is already located on the CP 341, the loading operation will be canceled with the message "Driver already exists". In this case, confirm with "OK" and close the "Download Drivers to CP341" window.

If the Parameters button is greyed out, you have to download the CP341 configuration package.

http://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/27013524/download-cd-cp340-cp341-cp440-cp441?dti=0&pnid=13807&lc=en-CA

heres the update of my work, after we replace the cp 341,

The history of the machine was. Before the preventive maintenance shutdown of the machine everything is fine and ok.. But after 20 days of shutdown, when they start the machine, SF of cpu and cp 341 occured...

what we have done yesterday was replaced the old cp 341 to a new cp 341.we just transfered the dongle from the old to new cp 341. and load the same parameters..

But we found out in diagnostic buffer in simatic manager an error "modbus receive error" the transmit light is ok. but receive is not functioning.,we only done plug and play.

i hope you can help me..

thanks

When you power down for 20 days, it's possible for a battery-backed device to have a dead battery, resulting in the battery-backed memory to be lost. If your battery-backed device has an EPROM, and the most recent program was not written to the EPROM, then you will not be running with the most recent version of your program and/or settings.

What is the part number of your CPU 312? Does your CPU 312 have a battery? Does it have a memory module installed?

Yes it has memory card in the cpu.. as of now the machine work fine..only the modbus communication is the problem.. we did not change anything in the program because it is functional for almost 10 years..

But we found out in diagnostic buffer in simatic manager an error "modbus receive error" the transmit light is ok. but receive is not functioning.,we only done plug and play.

So the Siemens is master and Basler is slave. Can you check with modbus scanner software that Basler answer for query. Siemens sends something if transimit is blinking.

But if Siemens lost its program, why you changed also CP-card and not only downloaded program to PLC. Is the original card faulty at all?

swap wires A and B together ;)

Last edited: