optimization and automation of cooling tower using PLC

futurechybuz

Please friends, I'm researching on 'optimization and automation of cooling tower using PLC'. I need a PLC program to automate the cooling tower processes either wit logix or simatic...
Thanks hope to hear you soon

Last edited:
Based on your spec and making a few assumptions, here is the program you need:

Code:
                        RUN
  START               COOLING
 SWITCH                TOWER
---][--------------------()-

I can modify for A-B or Siemens at special plctalk.net rates, please PM me.

What do you envision in your control?
Example:
Outside temperature
Output temperature
Return temperature
Number of pumps
Single cooling tower or more
Automatic mode / Manual mode
Remote displays
Operator interface
Manual buttons
Etc.

What is the sequence of operation that you are looking for?
Controls can be arranged in many ways.

Regards,

Hire a contractor

For your information programs to control machine operations are written for that machine and are not an off the shelf program. It takes many hours to design a machine control, PLC's are not a magic black box. The PLC's you metioned are top of the line PLC's and are on the very high end of pricing. If this is something you want to do I suggest you look into a automation direct HMI and PLC they are reasonable and have free software. I highly recommend you hire someone who does this for a living.
Good luck

If this "research" is a student assignment you should realize that contributors to this forum won't do you homework for you. They will assist you with answers to specific, well thought out questions.

If this is a project for industry you should realize that contributors to this forum are professionals that make their living designing and programming systems like yours. They generously offer their expertise to answer specific questions, but they won't provide services for free for which you and they should be compensated as professionals.

I so much appreciate all for the contributions....sincerely I'm getting a wider knowledge on my research from u guys.
like I said initially, is a research project for my masters program.
I know people program to meet their specific needs and as such programs can be different but still achieve same purpose.
my problem is developing one, but if given one I can make it suit what I want.
please help me friends.

Code:
                        RUN

This program looks like it should work!

If this is a master's project you should be ready to do original work. I'll help you get started:

Is your master's in automation or in building climate control? This will set your direction.

What is your objective - maintain chilled water temperature? Minimize fan power? Other?

What has your adviser suggested?

Code:
                        RUN

This is absolutely best form there is to it. KISS!

My objectives are
1. To minimize energy consumption from the fans and pumps
2. To minimize water loss due to evaporation
3. To automate the of the cooling tower for selective switching