Simatic S5-115U CPU 945 in STOP mode

luk2011

I have a Simatic S5-115U CPU 945 PLC and an Interbus card IBS S5 DCB/I-T
This PLC it's from a master machine, which was a part of a complex technological line , but right now we have just the master machine, without to have the other machines from technological line .
From Step5 PLC soft , it was eliminated the other Interbus modules what it was from the other machines, and remained just the Interbus modules which we have it now .

I tested today the modified PLC soft ( without other machine Interbus modules ),and i maked the changes. The IBS was in Run mode, no failure, the PLC in RUN without problem, I checked some Inputs and the PLC read the inputs from remote bus. I swithed off-on the power supply, the IBS entered in RUN state but the PLC entered in Run for a short time (0.5s), after goes into STOP. The ISTACK show the STS caused the STOP for the CPU. I tryed to restart but without succes.
I performed an Overal Reset for the PLC, transfered the ,modifyed program (DB10-13 and the PB207), first start-up was OK, PLC in RUN IBS in RUN, without error, but when I do a STOP – Run for PLC the probleme was the same.
I maked a comparision , just some DB’s was the diff like DB1, DB9 . The DB10,11,12,13, was unchanged.

ISTACK
STS : STS op. caused stop ( please look it the attached pictures )

How can i put the PLC in RUN mode ? How to solve the problem ?

photo 2.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

Could it be that the power-up OB has different contents from the warm restart-OB? (was it OB20-22?...o_O I think so) Some kind of (p)reset instructions or DB generation?

Should the remanency switch be shifted (NE-RE)?

It's a looOoong time since I touched a 945, and I have a serious memory leak...

Con granum salis

Kalle

@luk2011

You have PM'd me and want me to download a zip which is nearly half a GB. That will not happen.

To be helped further, you must first respond to the suggestions you already have gotten from the forum members.

If you want to share a file, upload a zip containing *st.s5d and evtually also *z0.seq. That should not be so many kB's. Upload it here, don't use my PM.

I have never ever thouched or used the Interbus, so I cannot help you with that. And I don't intend to use my free time to learn it either.

Kalle

DB10-DB13 was modified in original.s5d file and transformed to modified.s5d

and then :

in PB207 network 18.

UN M179.0
U M0.0. -> insert
= M179.1

===============================================

In attached .pdf you can find the Interbus-S bus struktur which appear in original.s5d , but in reality we have just until the 4.0 Interbus module .
So , from 11.4 interbus module ( in attached .pdf ) until 4.0 , the modules was eliminated .

The Weinig UC-Matic line have : Unicontrol 10 , Unimat and Uniplan 23 .
The last 2 machines are not anymore by me , so Unimat and Uniplan 23 it's not connected anymore .

We have just the single master machine : Unicontrol 10

And the purpose it's to make it to work as a stand alone machine, without to have the Unimat and Uniplan 23 machines .
That's a verry big challenge .
I've talked already with 20-30 automation engineers, and nobody can help me , because i don't have : Z0.SEQ ( Assignment List with comments - in german language : Zuordnungsliste und Zuordnungstabelle mit Kommentar )

Right now i don't have the B-Stack , but as soon as i have it , i'll post it here .

@Kalle , i didn't want to offense you . I've sent to you in PM the wetransfer link with pictures , video and the Unicontrol 10 machine complet electrical draw to understand much better about what i'm talking about .

I don't expect to spend your free time to help me , and to learn Interbus .

If you can and want to reply to me, and to help me will be OK , if not ... that's it .

I didn't get it from Weinig the Z0.SEQ . That would be great to have it, but they have tould me, will not give it that information for a third party , and it's just for their internal use .

weinig_ucmatic_01_full.jpg weinig66.jpg weinig64.jpg

Attachments

• PLC_Soft.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Busstruktur.pdf
    11.1 KB · Views: 32
help

Hello,

I've talked already with 20-30 automation engineers, and nobody can help me

Thanks!

I think you forgot that i have edited the data blocks for you after analyzing the program and now the interbus is runnig. The next Problem is not so easy to solve from far without a glass sphere.

There are bigger problems then a plc-stop after restart. i asked also for the b-stack. First analyze the functions, the fix Problems.

André

Last edited:
When you go to take pictures of the B-STACK, try running the CPU 4-5 times, and take a picture of the B-STACK each time, to see if the program stops in the same place each time.

What I noticed so far there are STP (STOP CPU) instructions in:

OB19 Segment 1 (when a block is called which has not been loaded)
OB 23 Segment 1 (time-out during I/O access)
FB3 Segment 1
FB35 Segment 2
FB41 Segment 2
FB150 Segment 2 and Segment 4
FB152 Segment 2
FB204 Segment 10
FB205 Segment 7
FB212 Segment 2 & 34 & 35 & 36
FB213 Segment 10
FB215 Segment 5
FB217 Segment 1
FB218 Segment 1
FB219 Segment 3 & 4 & 6 & 9 & 24
FB221 Segment 5 & 6 & 12 & 13 & 17
FB223 Segment 6 & 11
FB237 Segment 6

I *think* I caught all of them. As you can see, there are many conditions in the logic that could cause an STS (in the I-STACK, "Software stop by statement or STOP request from programmer, or STOP request from SINEC L1 master).

The B-STACK should be able to tell you at which point in the program your CPU stopped.

Hi mates, I have a probleme with the comunication between the PLC and IBS controller.
We shorted the bus, and we changed the bus configuration, in DB10,DB11,DB12,DB13 (controlled DBC comunication).
Now if I start the PLC the BUS showing in Ready and Run, but the PLC going in Stop and BASP appear at the IBS too.
The FB66 it's called at the end off the OB1. If stop the program before the fB66 the PLC goes in RUN, after a start. Means I have problem with this FB66 function. If I remove the BEU before the FB66 the PLC remain in RUN but the IBS goes in STOP (with Ready and no error).

If you have an idea what I can check, THX in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks!

I think you forgot that i have edited the data blocks for you after analyzing the program and now the interbus is runnig. The next Problem is not so easy to solve from far without a glass sphere.

There are bigger problems then a plc-stop after restart. i asked also for the b-stack. First analyze the functions, the fix Problems.

André

André , i didn't forget that you have edited the .s5d and you have configured the IBS bus network , and i must to thank it you again, here in public forum .
When i said "nobody can help me" , i mean it , nobody have tould me : "i can do it , i can make it to work" , and i'm talking about engineers who have seen it the electrical diagram of machine , and they have seen it the machine personally .

About B-Stack , i've upload it picture , the B-stack it's empty ( please see it the attached picture )
We can't analyze functions , because doesn't work any function .

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

Could it be that the power-up OB has different contents from the warm restart-OB? (was it OB20-22?...o_O I think so) Some kind of (p)reset instructions or DB generation?

Should the remanency switch be shifted (NE-RE)?

It's a looOoong time since I touched a 945, and I have a serious memory leak...

Con granum salis

Kalle

OB's have the same content in both of cases , when it's power-up and when it's warm restart also .

Please be aware, that the B-STACK can only be analyzed immediately after the CPU went into STOP mode because of an error or a programmed STP, otherwise it will be empty.

The I-Stack also must imediartely after the CPU went into STOP mode , but B-Stack it's empty , just the I-Stack have content .

Thank you for the Phoenixcontant manual, but we already have it ( but thnx anyway )

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg