Simatic S5-115U CPU 945 in STOP mode

If we modify the interbus configuration, we need to modify something on the switches on the controller or not if we have Logical/DCB settings (config. from the PLC) ?

Last edited:
Try temporarily deleting OB 19, OB 23 and OB 24, and try reading out the B-STACK just after the CPU goes to STOP.

This is a very good advice when you have a quarreling program/CPU.

You could also change all the stupid sts/stp instructions with
"C DB0". This is an illegal instruction and will stop the CPU at that command line. The pointer in the i-stack will show where it happened.

(At least one of the STS/STP instructions (can't remember details) will finish the block before it stops the CPU - and you're left clueless.)

Kalle
(back after weekend)

First of all i wish to thank you to @sps-concept for his help .
He knows Interbus together with S5 , and he knew it from the beginning that Interbus it's stored in DB10 - DB13 .
He have tould me, the Interbus network reconfiguration must make it from Step5 , and not with Phoenix Contact IBS CMD SWT G4 software .

Then i must to thank you for @sigmadelta and @KalleOlsen , because he have advice it here to delete OB19 , OB23 and OB24 .

I've delete it this blocks, and then i've read it the I-stack and B-stack .
Attached you can see it what I-stack and B-stack show it to me .

@sps-concept have modified the PB 100 segment 2 :

PB 100 Segment 2

instead :
JU FB 100

he have write it this :

A F 0.0
JC FB 100
And after this the Interbus have gone it in RUN , PLC have gone it in RUN .

===========================================

@sps-concept have tould me many many times , to not search anymore Interbus communication erros . When the Interbus it's in RUN , PLC it's in RUN , i must to concentrate about missing Inputs .

But the question is : If FB 100 was "jumped" , i'll not need the FB 100 in other side of PLC software ?

So , to "jump" the FB 100 it's a good solution ? I will not need this FB 100 block in other places in PLC software ?

I know the PLC and Interbus it's in RUN in this way , but i can make to work the machine with "jump" of FB 100 ?
Or i'll need it somewhere else in PLC software, and i'll can't use it, because i've jumped .

===================================

@sps-concept have experience with Interbus , and until now everything what he said about Interbus was a good decision to trust him .

I have an operator panel Sutron BT20 , which communicate through Interbus with PLC .
But right now, the F1 - F9 buttons from BT20 panel doesn't work it , and i don't know it why .
The BT20 doesn't let me to enter values , the F1 - F9 button small led lights are inactive ( doesn't lighting ).
And every stored value in BT20 menu "Mask" it's : 0.00

That means the BT20 doesn't communicate correct (totally) with PLC S5 ?
The "Mask" Menu appears , but i can't enter any value , and the F1 - F9 buttons are inactive .

errors_i-stack.jpg errors_i-stack_.jpg b_stack.jpg pb100_detail.jpg photo 4.jpg

Last edited:
The primary issue is, the CPU faults out on a read from PW 0. The instruction is L PW 0 in block FB 100 Segment 1. PW 0 is supposed to be the fault message area of the interbus module, according to their documentation. Skipping this logic will, of course make the interbus module be able to run, but with no communication between the interbus module and the CPU.

There is a way to disable the interrupt capability by adjusting jumper J3 on the board, which may fix the issue, but the first thing to attempt is to remove the STP commands from OB 23 and OB 24, to see if the CPU will "ride through" the PW 0 error.

Pw0

The primary issue is, the CPU faults out on a read from PW 0. The instruction is L PW 0 in block FB 100 Segment 1. PW 0 is supposed to be the fault message area of the interbus module, according to their documentation. Skipping this logic will, of course make the interbus module be able to run, but with no communication between the interbus module and the CPU.

There is a way to disable the interrupt capability by adjusting jumper J3 on the board, which may fix the issue, but the first thing to attempt is to remove the STP commands from OB 23 and OB 24, to see if the CPU will "ride through" the PW 0 error.

you think that PW0 is really PW0? :rolleyes: And i think these register is o startadress module + 0

And if think the bus is correct running when he switched off air pressure and there Comes a message on screen. But he is not updating the state here...

André

Do you know the i/o numbers for the Sutron?

You may have deleted or skipped the reiated s5 program code.

Kalle

I don't know the i/o numbers for the Sutron .
Now the Sutron works ( most of the commands from F1 - F12 buttons )

How can i find in which DB from PLC it's stored "Sollwerteingabe" value from BT20 panel ?

I can write a value to "Sollwerteingabe" ( Setpoint input ) in BT20 panel and if i press Start the tenonning Spindle (Einstellung Unitec 07/07 - Spindel Antrieb ) will going to that value .

How can i find it in which DB from PLC it's stored that data ( value ) which i enter in "Sollwerteingabe" ?

"Laengenanschlag" (Einstellung Unitec 04/07 - Langenanschlag Umschaltung from attached picture ) it's Electronic Controlled length stop .

If i write a value to "Sollwerteingabe" in BT20 panel by "Laengenanschlag" menu and if i press Start , nothing happens , so this doesn't work .

In attached picture : Einstellung Unitec 07/07 - Spindel Antrieb works , if i enter a value in "Sollwerteingabe" and i press Start , then the Spindle will going to that value .

But in Einstellung Unitec 04/07 - Langenanschlag Umschaltung , if i'll enter a value in "Sollwerteingabe" and i'll press Start, doesn't work .
The rest of commands from this submenu works : Tip+ , Tip- , Auf, Ab , Fehl , Reset , Reff , Eilg : this command work .

Just the entered value to "Sollwerteingabe" doesn't want to move the length arm to that value , and when i press Start nothing happens .

I wish to know in which DB from PLC are stored this values which i'll enter in Sutron BT20 panel by "Sollwerteingabe" .

thank you

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't have the source code for the BT20, or a documented program for the S5, the only thing you can do is enter a value (for example 1234 or 9999) on the BT20, and search the data blocks for the value you entered.

I have just operating panel Suetron BT20 .
I've try it to read the BT20 content with TSwin Serv 4.5 software and nullmodem RS232 cable , but didn't work .

Length stop ( Laengenanschlag ) store the data in DB209 from PLC software . ( it can be see it in attached picture )

Tennoning spindle ( Schlitzspindel ) store the data in DB139 ( please look it the attached picture )

I've managed to read the Sutron BT20 content also .It's in attached *.zip file , you just need to rename Upload.S3.TXT ====> to Upload.S3

==================================

Now we need to find why doesn't work the Length stop ( Laengenanschlag ) if i'll enter a pre-set value to Sollwerteingabe and i'll press the Start.

Because other functions from Laengenanschlag menu works , just the Start doesn't want to move the length arm to entered value .

In Einstellung Unitec 04/07 - Langenanschlag Umschaltung , if i'll enter a value in "Sollwerteingabe" and i'll press Start, doesn't work .

The rest of commands from this submenu works : Tip+ , Tip- , Auf, Ab , Fehl , Reset , Reff , Eilg : all this commands work , just the Start command doesn't want to work and to move the length arm to pre-set value entered in Sollwerteingabe .

photo 1.jpg photo 2.JPG Laengenanschlag.JPG

Attachments

• Upload.S3.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: