FTView Studio 8.0 DataLog Inc. reading in SQL Server

ruicosta99

Hi. I'm trying to log data from the FactoryTalk View 8.0 into a database using the "Data Log Model". I already have everything defined, the ODBC Datasource which links to the main database, the login and password defined and the ODBC configuration is also linked with the database.
When I use "SQL Server Management" to read the values from the Data Log, it creates the 3 tables (Tag, Float and String - I can see them being created) but when I try to check the values inside each table nothing appears (NULL).

Can anyone give me some tips on how to correct this? The Backup Path is being used and constantly refreshed - the values are being saved there and not in the database.

I already searched over the forum for similar problems but found nothing. I am using the Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit as OS and I'm trying to create the ODBC as a SQL Native Client 10.0. I already tried as a SQL Server only but the problem remains.

Thank you in advance.

Do you see anything in the SQL Logs or the FT Diag logs to indicate why your primary connection is failing? Wrong password, insufficient privileges?

You did setup the ODBC connection as a System connection and not a user one yes?

I'm not sure this helps, but this video walks through the setup process of getting a Datalog into SQL Server. Maybe you will see a step in here that you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0g0BhepIw4

My initial thought is, did you turn on datalogging for the model you have created? If you make a change, you must turn off datalogging for that model and then restart it before those changes go into effect.

OG

Do you see anything in the SQL Logs or the FT Diag logs to indicate why your primary connection is failing? Wrong password, insufficient privileges?

You did setup the ODBC connection as a System connection and not a user one yes?

Nothing appears regarding erros in failing the connection. In fact, in FT it indicates that the Data Log started, nothing more appears.
I did set up the ODBC connection as a system. In fact I already tried them all but nothing so far.

I'm not sure this helps, but this video walks through the setup process of getting a Datalog into SQL Server. Maybe you will see a step in here that you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0g0BhepIw4

My initial thought is, did you turn on datalogging for the model you have created? If you make a change, you must turn off datalogging for that model and then restart it before those changes go into effect.

OG

I already tried that Tutorial but it didn't helped me that much. I create the Data Source outside FactoryTalk View but then it doesn't appear in the ODBC Data Source selection (System Data Source tab), I don't know why. I am always restarting the data log when I make changes to it.

I'm sending you some photos attached so that you can see deeply what I'm talking about.

1- You can see the Data Log Creation. I have to copy the path to the file and paste in with the file + it's extension so that the ODBC Database can be associated with the Data Log. I already tried the System Data Source but nothing appears if I create SDS outside FTView. If I create it via FTView I can select him, but the problem is that the Database doesn't update (only creates the tables). In fact, now I can't delete the System Data Source files that I created (through ODBC in Windows nothing appears).

2- The FTView log, which indicate that the Data Log has started.

3- The Backup Path being constantly actualized.

4- In SQL Server Management Studio, inside the chosen database the table is created but it's values aren't.

Data Log Creation.png Backup Path.png FTView log.jpg SQL Server - Table created but null.png

Last edited:
Is your SQL 2008 R2 installation 32 bit or 64 bit? I know your OS is 64-bit, but it makes a difference whether SQL server itself is 32 or 64 bit.

If your SQL Server is 32 bit, you have to browse to C:\Windows\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe and run it to configure the ODBC connection. I think you have to install the 32 bit version of the Native Client, but that most likely was taken care of with the SQL installation. I recommend installing SQL Native Client 11, but 10 should be fine.

I think it is a 64 bit version but I'm not sure. The main server was already created before when I tried to do this Data Log. I'm sending attached a Print Screen of my main server settings for you to see. I already tried creating a SQL Server through that path that you gave me but still didn't worked. I tried both for Version 10, Version 11, for SQL Server and even for ODBC Driver for SQL Server.

Conf. Server.jpg