GE Fanuc Series 90-30

bsetford

Hello i have a GE Fanuc Series 90-30. I've never done anything before with this so please work with me. I have a program back up and proficy machine edition 9. Whenever I click download and start everything goes through with no warnings and i try turning the machine off and back on but it just start spinning the collec none of the new programming loaded in works. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything or not. There is no EPROM but when i loaded it in I made sure to clear everything first. (the unit died and had to order a new one) Can someone guide me in a way to see why its not loading from the backup of the program i loaded into it?

Did you also download the hardware configuration?
it just start spinning the collec
I don't know what you mean by that.
What are the status messages in the bottom right hand are of the program window? It should tell you whether the program and configuration are "Equal" or Not Equal". It should also tell you if the PLC is running and whether or not there are any faults. If there are faults they must be cleared before you can run the program.
To view the fault tables go to the "Target" menu and then "Diagnostics".

Did you also download the hardware configuration?
I don't know what you mean by that.
What are the status messages in the bottom right hand are of the program window? It should tell you whether the program and configuration are "Equal" or Not Equal". It should also tell you if the PLC is running and whether or not there are any faults. If there are faults they must be cleared before you can run the program.
To view the fault tables go to the "Target" menu and then "Diagnostics".

Its equal and no faults. The guy that normally does this passed away and the other speaks Spanish so sorry I'm not technical with names. But the piece that holds the metal bar is just spinning like there is no program loaded into it.

The run light is on like its functioning normally but the machine is just not loading the it would with the program in it.

Last edited:
If both the program and hardware configuration are equal with Proficy Machine Edition, then you successfully downloaded the PLC program. That does not guarantee that the PLC program is currently set to produce the correct part.
Is there an HMI panel where the operator sets up the machine to produce a specific part? When you replaced the CPU module, you probably lost the setup parameters for the part that was being produced. They will need to be restored. Perhaps the project file has a set of initial values.

There is no HMI panels the machine can only do four different parts which you just change a switch between them. How would I go about changing the setup parameters?

How would I go about changing the setup parameters?
I don't know anything about your machine, so I can't reliably answer that. You need to figure out what the machine should be doing and find out what information it needs to start doing it. Ask the operators what they think should be happening.
To find out what values change when you select a different part, search the program for what happens when you change the selector switch position.

The only warning is as follows
Warning 8292: The current hardware does not support overrides. Overrides will not be stored.

Also checked the cpu its set to Power Up mode: Stop ... I tried using Run, last but none worked so moved back to STOP.

Is there a way to see what its running on now? When the machine starts up it should do nothing but instead its just running the spin arm. When it first starts up it should be stopped then they just push start and it runs through and goes back then resets. Is there a way in Proficy Machine edition to find the part in the program where it reset and force it to run in proficy while connected? The only choices I have normally with the machine is a button to set it to auto and start it no other way for me to do anything.

Last edited:
The warning simply means that the PLC is a model with the CPU in the backplane rather than a separate CPU module.
Is it a motor that turns the spin arm? Is the motor controlled by an across-the-line starter or by a VFD? In either case, does the command to run the motor come from the PLC? If the PLC commands the motor to start, find out what PLC output point issues the run command. Then search the program for that output to find the rung of logic that is turning the command on.

The warning simply means that the PLC is a model with the CPU in the backplane rather than a separate CPU module.
Is it a motor that turns the spin arm? Is the motor controlled by an across-the-line starter or by a VFD? In either case, does the command to run the motor come from the PLC? If the PLC commands the motor to start, find out what PLC output point issues the run command. Then search the program for that output to find the rung of logic that is turning the command on.

Thanks friend, I think the Electrical tech might of just rewired the switch wrong. After he gets a chance to fix it today I'll go from there and post here to keep you updated. Thanks for your help thus far.