TIA portal v13

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Siemens has recommended specs for laptops running this software:

I5 @ 3.3ghz
8gb

Just curious if anyone has used something under this and had alright results??

Thanks

I wouldn't try running it on anything slower than that, but as JRW said, the SSD is probably the most important part.

Running Tia-portal with an i5@ 2.50GHz 8 GB and SSD.
Loading of projects goes slow imo, but when all is loaded, it works fast.

I use it on VM, i5 @ 2.50GHz (3 cores in use), 2 GB and SSD.
Sometimes it hangs for a while, but works fast most of the time.
I run same VM on HHD and it takes few minutes just to open the Portal.

Thanks for all the replies. We have an extra laptop, and want to see if we can use it as an additional programming device. Trying to get familiar with building web pages for data collection.

I have an M4 field PG and TIA v13 sp1 upd 8 runs pretty good, can't get too click happy but doesn't crash. It has a 100gb main drive and a 350gb data drive, both SSD with the following specs:

Capture1 (2).PNG

At this point wondering why I didn't spring for the ssd option with my M4. software opening sometimes feels like forever..

At this point wondering why I didn't spring for the ssd option with my M4. software opening sometimes feels like forever..

It's not too late; you should be able to swap it out easily enough, if you can get your boss to pay for the SSD. When someone in my group gets a computer, we install an aftermarket 1TB (960GB) SSDs to put the standard image on.

Not sure about the spec, I've just started playing around with TIA portal which is installed on an M4 PG. What I would say is to have a good size screen! There is a lot of information displayed in a single window so it can look a little crowded at times, unlike the previous versions of Simatic manager which opened things in separate windows.

I have the M4 plugged into a separate monitor with a bigger display and bigger resolution. Not much use for when I'm not in the office though! We had a contractor onsite running TIA portal on a macbook, you know those small ones with the small display? How he managed with that, I don't know! But maybe he was just more used to it than me and knew where everything was!

It's not too late; you should be able to swap it out easily enough, if you can get your boss to pay for the SSD. When someone in my group gets a computer, we install an aftermarket 1TB (960GB) SSDs to put the standard image on.

I may just do this. We ordered a ssd for the topic computer today. If all goes well with that swap, the M4 will likely follow suit.

I also ordered one for my personal laptop. ssd stock is on the rise today!