ControlLogix with Festo CPX_FB_32

Christoph

All

I am setting up a Festo manifold of 6 pressure regulators.
on Ethernet, Talking to a ControlLogix processor.
I have it all configured and seems to be talking.
My issue is the setpoint is in 2 separate SINT tags.
How do you go from an INT tag
and get it split into 2 SINT's that are sequential. (low byte is first
MSD is 2nd.)

Found from trial and error that a CPS or Synchronous Copy File
seems to work very well. An Int tag in the Source and the lower byte Sint tag
as the dest. with a length of 2.

Exactly !

And it was the correct choice to use Copy Synchronous (CPS) instead of the ordinary Copy (COP) instruction.

Because the I/O cyclic timers can interrupt the tag database read/writes at any time, they can even do so in the middle of a COP instruction, which would lead to the possibility of only half of the 16-bit value being updated.

CPS locks the input and output tags so they can't be interrupted by any other process in the controller. It takes a bit of an overhead hit, so you want to use CPS over COP only when necessary.