FactoryTalk View ME Version 7.00.00 to 6.10.00, Display not opening

swamy015

Hello,

I had version 7.00.00 application, saved it as version 6.10.00 and restored in Version 6.1. Out of 8 displays 3 displays are not opening and showing below warning.

: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\PRIMER_INSPECTION\Gfx

Please let me know the solution to get those 3 displays. Thank you

Welcome to the Forum !

In general, software like to migrate forward, not backward. It's just the way of the world.

Is this a PV+ application, or are you running it on a PC, or are you just trying to test it on a PC ?

Is the display not opening in the FTView Runtime, or when you're doing development/editing in FactoryTalk View Studio ?

It's impossible to say what the reason is that this indirect downgrade didn't work, though my guess is that there are objects on those screens that are available only in FTView 7, or that were defined differently in FTView 7. The directory you cited is simply where the Display files (*.GFX) are stored.

My approach to solving the problem would be to attempt to Import the *.GFX files from the original v7 project into the new v6.10 project.

: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\PRIMER_INSPECTION\Gfx

Welcome to the Forum,
Could you expand on the error more. What you have posed does not show the error message.

My guess would be that there are displays that didnt get restored in the proper place. Try to restore it again.

Welcome to the Forum !

In general, software like to migrate forward, not backward. It's just the way of the world.

Is this a PV+ application, or are you running it on a PC, or are you just trying to test it on a PC ?

Is the display not opening in the FTView Runtime, or when you're doing development/editing in FactoryTalk View Studio ?

It's impossible to say what the reason is that this indirect downgrade didn't work, though my guess is that there are objects on those screens that are available only in FTView 7, or that were defined differently in FTView 7. The directory you cited is simply where the Display files (*.GFX) are stored.

My approach to solving the problem would be to attempt to Import the *.GFX files from the original v7 project into the new v6.10 project.

I was trying to test on a PC.

I could not open Development Display itself.

I did tried to copy and paste *.GFX files from v7.00 to v6.1 GFX folder. but did not work.

Welcome to the Forum,
Could you expand on the error more. What you have posed does not show the error message.

My guess would be that there are displays that didnt get restored in the proper place. Try to restore it again.

Thank You...

When i try to open my development display i get that warning and display never opens. I don't get any other error than that. I do tried to restore couple of times.

Last edited: