Multi-version FactoryTalk View SE Benchmarking

Leo S

Hello,

I had a question about benchmarking the Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE software. I've installed in the neighborhood of 30 different environments for customers throughout British Columbia and one thing that's always been asked is if the newer versions of View will be faster.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could build an HMI display that consistently checks the performance of an HMI across different versions and operating systems? My idea at the moment is to build an HMI display that loads 30 pop-ups, aborts them, perhaps on each page through VBA writes some text files to the local disk, then dumps out some complex derived tags value while a stopwatch runs in a docked menu bar.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? It would be really great to see what other people have done or ideas for building something like this.

Thank you.

If anyone is interested, for a lack of options, I've started building a GFX file that checks CPU and Disk Write Speed. I plan on building it out to include disk read speed, some gauges, and maybe some performance metrics. I think it will be useful when troubleshooting slow performance issues for integrators.

File has been created in FTView 13 SE.

The disk write speed test creates a text file on the c:\ drive, so View must have permission to write there.

Attachments

• SpeedTest_V1.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 0