AOI Help

Tim Ganz

I am splitting a temp zone on an oven from 1 zone to 3 and the program has an AOI call SWP and it's setup like the scale with parameters function in the SLC family.

I added my rung and my new SWP instruction and created a tag called 'transition tunnel zone 1" and selected the data type to be SWP .

I then added my RTD form the correct local channel tag and put in the input min/max and scaled min/max but when i try to choose the tag for the SSR which is "transition tunnel zone 1 SSR" it's not in the list and the tag is in the tag editor and is in the old logic above my new rung and just to try it I deleted the old logic but the tag still does not show up for selection as an output?

what could be going on?

Could it be a data type mismatch? If the output of the AOI is a DINT, and your tag is a REAL, then it may not let you select it.

Then again, it may - Logix is quite flexible like that, and I've not deliberately tried it to be sure! But that's the first thing I'd check

I did it in the offline file then downloaded to the processor. I was online trying to do it and I guess that does not fly but I even changed the processor to program mode and it would not accept the new values.

I don't understand the reasoning but that's how it works from what I can see.