5lb Load Cell paired with HMI

sbailey838

Hi guys, I have a magpowr Tension sensor rated for 5 pounds.

I hooked the sensor right into the analog inputs on my PLC rack, it outputs a 0-21mV signal at full load. I did some basic math and was able to obtain an accurate value of tension in pounds, and after some basic conversions, i was able to obtain the same value in grams, and ounces.

Now what i'd like to do, based upon what "recipe" i've chosen, id like to have that displayed on a HMI with a gauge showing the value of tension, and the correct label for the units on the gauge.

I think i got the PLC code down so far, i'm having more trouble on the HMI side.. here is what i have so far...

Recipe.jpg recipe2.PNG

You didn't give much detail about the HMI you were using, so I created you a sample project using AdvancedHMI. If you go to the link below and download the AdvancedHMISelectUnits.zip file, it will give you a starting point. Likely you will need to download and install Visual Studio Community Edition in order to edit the HMI. The addresses I put in assume all of your tags are controller scope and the IP Address is set to 192.168.0.10

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/SampleProjects

ScreenShot.png

Ah sorry, I would be using factorytalk studio paired with an AB panelview plus 600.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have to look it at it later though due to work restrictions by the look of it.

Thanks!!