Freezing a Panelview Plus for cleaning ?

Rob S.

I was wondering what the best way is to "Freeze " a screen so an operator can clean it . Have any of you done this ?

Thanks,

program a pushbutton in the plc and a timer for the cleaning screen.
open a blank page as suggested, and program in the display a message "You have xx.xx seconds to clean the screen before it returns to the normal screen"

when the timer expires, the plc will direct the screen back to the normal operator screen.

james

First, I create a memory tag, bool type (cleaning_bit). Then I create an On Top screen and put two buttons there:

a) A momentary button with a 3-5 sec hold time, writing to cleaning_bit.
b) A Close button with visibility animation. The button is visible when cleaning_bit = 1.

This way you can clean all the surface without closing the screen by mistake. And it works without a PLC connection.

I like the two button confirm, as nhatsen suggested.

If you find the person cleaning just walks away when they are done, then use the timer method.
That means you need to use the global connection Remote Display, which will change displays based on a tag value (PLC or memory tag).
AND your displays will need to have unique display numbers.

program a pushbutton in the plc and a timer for the cleaning screen.
open a blank page as suggested, and program in the display a message "You have xx.xx seconds to clean the screen before it returns to the normal screen"

when the timer expires, the plc will direct the screen back to the normal operator screen.

james

+1. Creative.