Siemens TIA Portal V13

russg

Hi,

I've just created a function block in TIA portal and would like to add it to global libraries, but struggling to do it. Has anyone got any good experience of this?

Thanks.

Russ

First add it to your project library, from there you can copy to global library.

If you already have a global library, make sure you open it with "write" privileges.

LIB.PNG

Thanks for the feedback. The FB1 i've created won't drag and drop into the project library or the global library. I'm wondering if is because i'm still using the trial and not a licensed copy? I'm still waiting for the license to come.

Thanks Boneless, that is very helpful.

It shouldn't be related to licensing. The trial license (unless expired) gives you full features.

I' not sure that's correct mk42, because also I do not have simulation capabilities.

Interesting. Does PLC SIM 1200/1500 show up in your installed programs?

I've managed to accidentally install portal without it before. It might be a separate install? Been a while since I've been through the process, although I don't look forward to it when I get a new PC soon.

I've managed to accidentally install portal without it before. It might be a separate install? Been a while since I've been through the process, although I don't look forward to it when I get a new PC soon.

Ok, thanks. Maybe it's not been installed correctly.

I've actually managed to add to the libraries now. I was dragging the FB in straight from the ladder when I should have been dragging it from the Devices window.

Thanks.

I should have been more specific in my previous post :)
You get what you pay for

haha, true :)

Oh and btw, I do have PLCSIM installed, but it looks like it is for Step 7. Can you use the same PLCsim?

Oh and btw, I do have PLCSIM installed, but it looks like it is for Step 7. Can you use the same PLCsim?

Sorry, I don't think I asked which PLC family this is for. PLCSIM is for s7-300/400, and works with Step 7 in both Simatic manager (v5.5) and Portal(v13). PLCSIM 1200/1500 is for the newer processors, although it might not have actually supported the 1200 until v13sp1, or something like that.

Sorry, I don't think I asked which PLC family this is for. PLCSIM is for s7-300/400, and works with Step 7 in both Simatic manager (v5.5) and Portal(v13). PLCSIM 1200/1500 is for the newer processors, although it might not have actually supported the 1200 until v13sp1, or something like that.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Do you know how I get PLCSIM 1200/1500?

Nominally its an optional installed package. It should be with the install for TIA Portal. Go poke in the download or on the CD for something with PLCSIM in it.

In cases like this, call Siemens tech support or use their website to log a support request. https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/65601780/tia-portal-an-overview-of-the-most-important-documents-and-links-controller?dti=0&lc=en-US.

You will get a response in one hour, and its free. Forums are great, but sometimes manufacturers support is better. only sometimes :)

Nominally its an optional installed package. It should be with the install for TIA Portal. Go poke in the download or on the CD for something with PLCSIM in it.

In cases like this, call Siemens tech support or use their website to log a support request. https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/65601780/tia-portal-an-overview-of-the-most-important-documents-and-links-controller?dti=0&lc=en-US.

You will get a response in one hour, and its free. Forums are great, but sometimes manufacturers support is better. only sometimes :)

Ok, thanks Chris