Micrologix 1500

Steveo1978

Hi am hoping someone can help. We have an Allen Bradley logic 1500. The Plc goes to run and have all the required inputs, there are no relay outputs at all, could anyone advise? Has the base unit gone faulty!

Welcome to the forum.

We need the part number of the plc base to answer your question.

I suspect that you have not connected the output commons to the required power source.

it all depends on which unit you have.

it may also be a safety or mcr contact keeping the power turned off. Trace your wiring with a volt meter.
james

Last edited:
Not only does the specific model number make a difference but also the program within the PLC is important. Does it have a program in it that ties the inputs to the outputs? Is it in run mode? Are there other conditions that must be set before the outputs will energize? These questions could go on and on. A lot more information about how the PLC is program is needed.

Did the memory module have a program in it when you installed it?
I am not certain, but if it didn't, the memory may have overwritten the program with a blank plc program, again, I am uncertain of my answer.

james

Have you checked the wiring as suggested above and can you posted a zipped copy of the current program?

We don't have the program. It all came complete with the ride. I've checked the wireing as much as possible. We have input lights but just no outputs. The correct voltage is there.

The 1764-24BWA is the base unit and includes the I/O terminal blocks and power supply. The 1764-LRP is the processor. You will need both of these units. As several others have said, you need to find out if the program is in the processor. Also, has this ran before or is this the first time you have attempted to use this unit?

Even a printed version of the ladder logic would tell you some of the story, as somebody mentioned perhaps there is a logical condition such as an MCR or Safety relay present that will not allow any outputs to energize. It may be a copy in the original documentation for the ride. Actually, there SHOULD be a copy with the original documentation of the ride, or you bought something without first doing good homework and ensuring that all information was present.
If that is the case you will need to find somebody to come plug in to it and upload the program for you to see what's wrong.
If this is a new machine or even an OEM machine, a call to the OEM may just help you out of hot water.

What you really need is someone who can get online with the process and see what’s going on. The inputs and outputs aren’t automatically tied to each other; you have to have a program loaded. The fact that you have inputs without outputs doesn’t really mean anything. This won’t be something that you can fix with a little advice from anyone here. You’re going to need to have a good understanding of how the MicroLogix 1500 works and how it’s programmed (as well as the programming software which isn’t free).
Go to the link below and find a systems integrator in your area and contact them. They should be able to help.
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/en_UK/sales-partners/system-integrators/overview.page?

Just like to say thanks for all the feed back. We some how had fried the relay outputs and lost the program. Just had a new one re written and things looking good. Will make sure we have a backup next time