RSLogix 5000 comments

sigshane

Hey all. I am trying to insert a comment at the top of a program, that describes the whole thing, not just a particular rung. Is there a way to do this, or will I have to insert a comment for rung 1, and use that?

Shane

most people just insert an extra rung with an NOP (No Operation) instruction at the end - and use that as a "placeholder" rung - and attach the rung comment to that ...

I don’t know if this will work for you but you can right click on the routine (default name is “MainRoutine”) under “MainProgram” and select “Properties”. There will be a description box that you can use.

Firejo, that didn't work for me, as I wanted the comments visible at the top of the program.

Ron, that did the trick.

Thanks for the replies!

Shane

if you use the "Routine Description" method, then you have to turn that feature on in the options ...

I guess that's why most programmers use the "NOP" idea instead - there's a better chance that other folks will actually see the comment - since many systems have the "Show Routine Descriptions" feature turned off ...

COMMENTS.PNG

Last edited: