TIA Portal - Siemens G120 Torque Reading?

orangestorm87

I have a project where I need to get the torque reading from a G120 drive. I have communications setup over profinet.

I am currently using the "PZD_G120_TEL_352" function block to control the drive. The drive responses to all commands, start fwd, start reverse, speed changes, so I know my comms are good.

However, the "actual_torque" value fromt he TEL_352 block is always 0. If I go online with the drive, I can see the value for actual torque smoothed change as the drive runs.

So my question is, how do I get a torque value from this drive in my PLC?

P922 is set to 352

I can't seem to see R80, maybe that is because I am not online with my drive at the moment? Or are you saying, it will be in P2051.3?

Look at r80 in the expert list. See it?
That's the value sent out in index 3 of 2051
Yes. You have to be online to see actual values sent out
You can also change p922 to free bico and send out any r value you want

Last edited:
This is my first project with siemens anything, so I am a bit unsure of exactly how all this works.

I can see the "extended parameters list" but no expert list when I go to my drive, parameters.

I have a feeling I wont get this to work, what is the easiest way to get one parameter from a drive? Should I be using a different function block?

And, I can't see R80 in the list at all, so unless you are saying you cannot see that parameter unless you are online, I don't think I will be able to see it at all.

yrduJEf.jpg

71VBmfd.jpg

JDmV52V.jpg

Start your drive- see my screen shot
Anything in r80? - Use display extended pars
Hopefully you can see mine- its small

plcnet1.jpg

Unfortunately I am in Switzerland right now, so its getting late. I am at the hotel and not near the drive. So I cannot do this until tomorrow.

I have to get some sleep, but I will check this thread once more in the morning if you have any suggestions for me.

Well when I got back online with the drive everything seemed ok. So I attempted a factory reset of it, then re-downloaded my project configuration to it.

Seemed to work this time. So I guess that will have to be the final answer on this one.

Thanks for the help though!