WinCC Basic v13 Status Msg Bar

timryder

Hey All,

First time using WinCC and first time using the new TIA Portal v13.

I have a license for Basic and what i was hoping to make was a status bar across the top of each page which would display the basic messages I'm interested in showing. I'd like them to be linked to a tag which will dictate what message is show... of if I have to I suppose I could logically replace the string value of the message?

Got any ideas what tools/controls to use to accomplish this?

Thanks

That's a regular IO field. You need a "Symbolic I/O Field" which is the the third object under elements (2 to the right of the regular IO field.

Cool,

So then the Tag value can be just an integer and that value will be what is displayed from the text list?

Thanks

Cool,

So then the Tag value can be just an integer and that value will be what is displayed from the text list?

Thanks

Exactly! And if you set up/import multilingual texts, it displays it in the active language, automatically.

One other note: you can embed both tags and text lists into a text box, but it isn't obvious how. In addition to typing text into the box in the properties, right click for additional active options.

So you can add a tag variable value into a IO Field? Like you could do...j

Major Fault (MD1000) Active and whatever the value of the MD1000 is would be displayed?

Awesome TIP!

So you can add a tag variable value into a IO Field? Like you could do...j

Major Fault (MD1000) Active and whatever the value of the MD1000 is would be displayed?

Awesome TIP!

Text box, not an io field, but yeah, that's the idea!