Output Question

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm firing and output and I need it to stay on for at least 2 seconds...

What's the best way to do this?

Studio 5000
L27-ERM CompactLogix
Discrete 24V Output

Thanks,

John Whited

Create a seal in circuit that has a timer branched with the output. When the timer is done, break the seal.

Maybe not the best way, but a way...

Here you go:

[XIC(switch),XIC(output)]XIO(delay.DN)[OTE(output),TON(delay,?,?)];

Ignore the aliases in the image below, but had to test it for you :p

(Click to enlarge)

Good thinking dragonx however the OP needs to know there is a slight difference in the two methods...

if the input is switched again during the two seconds, using the TON method the output delay will not be extended. Using the TOF method it will. Which one suits best for the OP, he will need to decide.