M340 IP connection

edumarquez

Hi all,

I have to do an intervention in a factory, and they use schneider M340... i never work whith schneider plc's... so how can i get the IP of the PLC when i´m there, in order to establish an TCPIP connection and upload the plc software?!

Schneider products equipped with an Ethernet port have a default IP address which is derived from its MAC address (unique identifier assigned by the manufacturer).

For an M340 PLC, the default IP address format is 84.x.x.x where:

84 = fixed value
x.x.x = the last three fields of the default IP address.
These last three fields are obtained by converting the last three hexadecimal bytes from the MAC address into decimal values.

Example:

The MAC address for an M340 PLC is 000053121AC4.

The conversion of the last three bytes from the MAC address into decimal values gives:

16#12=10#18
16#1A=10#26
16#C4=10#196
Therefore, the default IP address for this M340 PLC is 84.18.26.196.

Notes:

For more information on this subject, refer to the Unity Pro online help (Deriving IP parameters from a MAC address).

The MAC address is marked on the module.

The method for deriving the IP address of BMXNOE0100 and BMXNOE0110 modules is exactly the same:
Was this helpful?