sequential alarm

sparcks

Hi can anyone help me out creating a sequential alarm output
using microwin s7200

Say if you had 35 alarm bits and 5 alarm inputs are on.
i need to scroll through each alarm as long as they are active continously looping each one on for 2secs in form of output bytes.
This is just to display to an led sign .
How could i do this

Thanks

I don't know how limited 200 indirect addressing is.

One method is convert this to s7 200 (Different PLC)

added 3. picture, works better

find_alarm 1.jpg find_alarm2 .jpg find_alarm3 .jpg

Last edited:
thanks but i see that example uses an array dont think its possible in s7-200 microwin
indirect addressing is an option i was looking into but couldnt figure it out. never used it before :mad:.
Could anyone provide an example
thanks

https://support.industry.siemens.co...ect-addressing-for-the-s7-200-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Not easiest with Siemens.

How about copying 35 different values according alarm bits to word. (35 different networks)

Then counting from 1..35 with delay

If alarm bit is on and count (your index is right, copy value 1..35 to output

p.s attacment added.

M0.x = alarm bit
MW100 = index (counter 1..35 with delay)
MW200 = alarm number

alarm4.jpg

Last edited:
hi
with that method worst case wouldn't it have to wait before it reached the same count or am I reading it wrong
TRhanks

It depends how you count your counter up. If only with 2second pulse, then it will take 70seconds to count between two different alarm states.

But if you count counter up every PLC scan and only stop it when alarm is on, then it will work as you want.

(compare mw100 to MW200, if they are equal, then count up only when delay 2second have passed.
if mw100<>mw200 then count up without waiting on every PLC cycle. Code is almost same than on attachment 3 allready.)

you also need to zero alarm output if there is no alarm bits on anymore

Last edited: