HMI Trend View

franchois13

Hi Guys, need some advice how can I monitor a switch ON OFF states and show it on a trend view like a square wave.
I have been trying it but something is wrong and tag is always not valid.
I am not sure if it is actually possible.
I am using siemens 4" basic panel and portal v13.

I have not checked out above links, but in short, you can use your bit to move an integer to a tag and trend that tag.

... how can I monitor a switch ON OFF states and show it on a trend view like a square wave.
a) In the tag you're plotting, look for a property named logging mode or something similar. Try changing that property to "on transition" or "on change".
b) Choose a short range (y axis) since your signal will be changing from 0 to 1.

I have not checked out above links, but in short, you can use your bit to move an integer to a tag and trend that tag.

Appreciate all the suggestion guys, all contributed to my learning this new thing.

I got it working indirectly as you described above.
But I have noticed it only runs a few minutes and the trend will be reset and start over again. Is there a way to make it run longer so I can go backwards after a few hours and still be able to see the graph?

Appreciate all the suggestion guys, all contributed to my learning this new thing.

I got it working indirectly as you described above.
But I have noticed it only runs a few minutes and the trend will be reset and start over again. Is there a way to make it run longer so I can go backwards after a few hours and still be able to see the graph?

If you log the tag, then you can set the trend to display the log instead of the live data. However, especially on a 4" screen, it might be hard to navigate back in time.

If you log the tag, then you can set the trend to display the log instead of the live data. However, especially on a 4" screen, it might be hard to navigate back in time.

Tried and worked on mp277 10" but as you said I am struggling on the basic panel maybe it has a limited functionality.
Appreciated all your ideas. Thanks.