Panel View 1250 Plus Back Light

Saturn_Europa

I have a Panelview 1250 Plus that has been exposed to the the sun for 3 years. Its a little dim. I called tech support and they told me to replace the back light. I called my supplier and the back light is obsolete. They said I would have to change out the display. Its only $4,000!!! For a new LED display. Ill stick with the old school displays if I can.

CAT: number for the damaged display is 2711P-RDT12C series C

I found one from an online store for $1000

I found a back light on ebay for around $400

CAT: number 2711P-RL12C2

Looking for some advice. Replace the whole display or just the back light. I am not sure if its UV damage or not.

You might find the touchscreen has changed colour over time as well; from clear to a haze or yellow.

The touchscreen is a poly material on top of the glass LCD. UV light can cause it to change colour (crack) over time. So, if you change the backlight and it still looks hazed or dim then it could be that touchscreen material.
Bad news is, there is no way to replace that. You would need to replace the entire display module.