Upgrade firmware Panel view plus 1250

Saavedra

So I downloaded this .fup file from the rockwell automation firmware page, but have no clue what to do with it.

Should I put it in a USB and plug it into the PVP? what proceeds?

thanks

In factory talk view studio there is a firmware upgrade wizard under Tools. I don't remember exactly what each step looks like but as I recall it was simple. There may be a way to accomplish the upgrade over usb but I haven't tried.

In factory talk view studio there is a firmware upgrade wizard under Tools. I don't remember exactly what each step looks like but as I recall it was simple. There may be a way to accomplish the upgrade over usb but I haven't tried.

I use the upgrade wizard but a message pops out saying:

¨firmware could not be completed

Cause: there is not enough RAM space on the terminal to do the upgrade. Disable the application auto-start and reset the terminal.¨

Needless to say, I downloaded a program with no auto start, and reset the terminal, didn´t work.

What can I try out?

If you have the program backed up. delete it manually from panel. Try again. I have never been able to flash with any files on it.