PANEL VIEW PLUS 1250 communication problem

Arakhith

I had recently repaired a panelview plus 1250. the older firmware version of panelview was 5.00.04.55 (CPR 9). The repaired panelview came with a firmware verson of 5.10.14.09 (CPR 09 SR 2). The new panelview had communication problem. I changed the devicenet card with a working one. It still had communication problem. I erased the .mer file, reset the terminal, again loaded it with a working .mer file, also ticked the replace the communications while loading the new .mer file. It still seems to have communication problem altough the panelview runs smoothly. Does anybody has any solution to this problem??

Welcome to the Forum !

Can you describe in detail the symptoms of the communication problem ? DeviceNet is more complex to use with the PV+ than some other protocols, so any information you have about error messages, indicator LEDs, or status messages from other devices on the network (like if there's a PLC-mounted DeviceNet scanner), that would help solve the problem.

First, check out the node number on your devicenet card. Make sure the node number is set up properly.

Do you have access to View Studio ME by chance?

Welcome to the Forum !

Can you describe in detail the symptoms of the communication problem ? DeviceNet is more complex to use with the PV+ than some other protocols, so any information you have about error messages, indicator LEDs, or status messages from other devices on the network (like if there's a PLC-mounted DeviceNet scanner), that would help solve the problem.
Devicenet both the LEDs are healthy green. I have checked the devicenet node ans baud rate in panelview settings it shows correct. as defined in devicenet confirgation file.
I have checked the devicenet module in a running panelview. It worked fine.

Could it be possible he may need to recommission the network so the new device has the configuration file?
Another panelview with firmware version 5.00.04.55 (CPR 9) with same node and confirgation, and same .mer file was working fine in the same network.