Panel View Plus 1000

desertsurf520

Lifetime Supporting Member
I purchased a used PanelView Plus 1000 to learn get familiar with the software. Seems to be a pretty popular HMI. I can ping the HMI but I cannot upload in transfer utility. It does not seem to show up under the source terminal. I want to upload the existing project that the previous owner has so I can play with that. Then, I want to build my own projects after getting some of the basics.

That probably should work...
Does that one have a USB host port? If so, you can transfer the runtime file via USB far more simply and quickly than via Ethernet. Go to the configuration mode and navigate to the startup options to see what runtime file it's configured to start automatically. These can have multiple runtime programs present at once, though only one will run. Then you can go to the file manager and copy the runtime file(s) from the HMI to the USB drive. Once you plug in the USB drive, it will automatically create a directory structure.

Unless it's a 20-year-old unit with Windows CE 3.0 or 3.1, you can copy the Runtime file onto a USB or memory card using the configuration menus.

The file transfer utility doesn't use the RSLinx Classic drivers that you use for most A-B logic controllers. It uses "RSLinx Enterprise", which has a different configuration you can access from FactoryTalk View Studio.

It's also possible that the Ethernet driver was disabled on that terminal; sometimes customers want to run serial-only. You can use the configuration menus to set the comms drivers back to default and reboot to get the EtherNet/IP driver running again.

Instead of PING, use Windows PowerShell to test a TCP connection to TCP Port 44818, like "TNC 192.168.1.10 -p 44818". That will tell you if the device has an EtherNet/IP driver running.

Network

I don't have RsLinx Enterprise. It has an IP address set up and I was able to get a true replay using powershell (I haven't used before but neat)

I guess without Rslinx Enterprise I am stuck with transfering files with a usb?

Thanks!

RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup will establish the link or “path” between a PLC controller and PanelView Plus. you need set it up, then you can download to PVP or upload from PVP.
without RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup in FTV ME Studio, you still can transfer .mer file into USB stick in PVP configuration mode.

Last edited:
RSLinx Enterprise (aka FactoryTalk Linx in the newest versions) is included with and installed automatically with FactoryTalk View Studio. It serves as both the FTView ME data server, and the comms driver for upload and download.

It's always installed on the PanelView itself, though you can zero out all the drivers if you try, requiring a reset to default so that the ordinary Ethernet upload/download features become available.