AB Micrologix 1500 w/expander modules

scubamd

Controller is used for a medical vacuum system.

Stopped working -
Symptoms:
1- The microprocessor fault light constantly flashing
(Does that mean I need to re-load software and if so how?)
2- Have (4) ex-pander modules hung off to the right of the controller. None of those modules show green power light.
(Does that mean I have a bad processor BASE?) I have redone the ribbon connections and reset, power up and down.

Any tips?
Thanks,
Mitch

you need to get online and read the fault
I would contact AB and see who is in your area that can trouble shoot and repair the system

Also, I don't believe the modules will light up unless the processor is 'looking' for them. No program, no looking. So start there.

The program may need to have the program reloaded however if so, there is a reason to more than likely won’t go away without fixing something. The first thing I’d do is go online and see what the error is and go from there. If you don’t have the ability to do that then you will need to hire someone who can.

Scubamd,

Here is a trick to try. If the original program is there, this might work. There is a cover on the lefthand side of the 1500 processor/base. Under that cover is a small toggle switch. Move that toggle switch to the 'Prog' position, wait a few seconds, then move it to the 'run' position. This _might_ clear the fault in the program, and get the controller running again. if the green run light comes on, your fault has been cleared, and you can leave the toggle switch in run, or switch it to the center 'remote' position.

Mike