1769-L32E flash via CF card help

ELake20

Lifetime Supporting Member
I suspect I have a bad 1769-L32E.

Unit powers up OK but no communications are available either serial or ethernet.

The MS LED is not lit which the manual says the controller isn't powered up. However it is. I have removed the battery overnight, same issue.

I'm using a PA4 PS and have a properly installed ECR.

I would like to try to flash the firmware to V20 before I throw it in the dumpster as a last ditch effort.

Local distributor doesn't have an L32E I can borrow to create the necessary files on the CF card.

Is there another way to create the necessary files on the CF card?

I would be willing to ship someone a CF card and have them put the necessary files on there for me, for a fee of course!

The PA4 is freshly removed from a sealed box from AB

I racked an L35E and it worked no problem so I don't think it is the PS.

I suspect I have a bad 1769-L32E.

Unit powers up OK but no communications are available either serial or ethernet.

The MS LED is not lit which the manual says the controller isn't powered up. However it is. I have removed the battery overnight, same issue.

I'm using a PA4 PS and have a properly installed ECR.

I would like to try to flash the firmware to V20 before I throw it in the dumpster as a last ditch effort.

Local distributor doesn't have an L32E I can borrow to create the necessary files on the CF card.

Is there another way to create the necessary files on the CF card?

I would be willing to ship someone a CF card and have them put the necessary files on there for me, for a fee of course!

PM me your email address and I will send you the necessary files to flash it via CompactFlash. No need to ship the flash card anywhere.