Toshiba connection

Andy1983

Hi,

Can anyone advise if a PC to PLC cable for a Toshiba EX20 would also work on a Toshiba EX250?

We have a cable marked up EX20: The cable is flat with RJ45 ends on it. the PC end goes into a connector which I assume has some electronics in it, running into a parallel connector.

Thanks

Andy

No is the short answer. The longer answer is, it might work with a lot of re-wiring. 1st of all, the "parallel" connector you are referring to is not a "parallel" connector at all. It is a DB25 pin "serial" connector for the earlier serial port connnections used on computers at the time. 2nd, the RJ-45 connectors are not ethernet at all and cannot be used as such. 3rd, the programming port on an EX250 uses a special 8 pin connector that vaguely resembles a DB9 connector.

I would recommend building another interface from parts and leave the EX20 interface intact as they are also hard to obtain.

Having said all the above, if you need info or help building an interface cable for the EX250, let me know and I will be glad to help.

There is a long thread on the site here on how to build an interface for the EX100 Toshiba, which uses the same interface as the EX250 Toshiba.

Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=69165&highlight=ex100

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I'll have a go at making one... I thought I'd check out if the EX20 one was compatible, but at least that questions been answered!

Thanks again

Andy