Suggestion for SCADA software

dev78386

Supporting Member
Hi guys, I am a university student trying to implement some mini projects using M340 PLC (BMXP341000 processor). Can anyone recommend a free SCADA software compatible with the above mentioned PLC and processor. I would like to know the setup processs of the recommended SCADA as well. Thanks in advance.

Immanuel

I recommend Ignition because its relatively easy to get a system up and running from scratch. The down/up side is you can run a trial license for 2hr before having to reset the license time (from what I remember you can reset indefinitely).

Also, Ignition is making a name for itself so might look good on your CV as well.

If you just want to run free (test) software on a PC, you could look at Red Lion
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=48406

Or use Weintek EasyBuilder Pro
http://www.weintek.com/globalw/Software/EasyBuilderPro.aspx

Red Lion and Weintek are both free (test) development software but you can run a simulator on the PC. They are actually meant to run on HMIs.
I think AdvancedHMI is your best choice if you don't mind a little extra effort and want something to run on its own all the time.

The only reason I suggest the others is because the download/install will be fast and simple.
You're also more likely to run into Weintek where you are, if you work with HMIs.

I used Ignition for mine and whilst I used an AB plc, modbus is supported by Ignition and 2 hours should be fine for most tasks. If you need more than that then I would advise the advancedHMI route.