Anyone using the HMS-EN2SE-R protocol converter ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have an application for which I'd usually grab an HMS AB7072 "Communicator", to provide a Modbus RTU Master (RS485) port remote from my controller on EtherNet/IP.

But I see that HMS has a new EN2SE family of "Communicator" devices, and that those include EtherNet/IP to Modbus RTU as well.

The main difference I see is the connector (RJ45, not DB9) and plastic color, as well as the fact that it uses an Add-On Profile for Studio 5000 instead of the Anybus Communicator configuration software.

The ABC utility is free and easy to use, but if it's simpler to have an AOP in Studio 5000, that might sway me.

But I'm looking for testimonials: is anyone using those new modules from HMS ?