Panelbuilder - Land of the Lost

shawnhimself

I have a Panelbuilder 32 application that I cannot open (due to not having my laptop from 12 years ago). I don't see anywhere that AB will offer it up either, for purchase or otherwise.

I tried to convert it with the migration utility in FactoryTalk View but I get an error and it will not complete the migration.

"LogTime:2016/12/14 16:56:16(UTC)
Unable to load project 'GB_Inserter'.
Cause: An invalid character was found in text content."

The original PBA file had a hyphen in the project name, since I can't open the project in Panelbuilder all I can do is rename the file. Not sure if that's an issue having the hyphen but that was my only attempt to troubleshoot without access to the project natively.

So at this point I just need someone with more knowledge of the migration error or someone to open the PBA file and print out the details to PDF.

🔨

The problem with your PanelBuilder application is related to the "Previous Screen" navigation on screen 31. I deleted that button and it imports fine into FTVS. PM me your email address and I'll send you the PBA or the FTVS file if you want.