Thermal overload powerflex 525

darienpogi

HELLO GUYS!

Good day everyone! i have a question, Is it possible to Force the thermal overload of Powerflex 525 ?

any comments/suggestion will be appreciated 🤞🏻

thank you!

-darien

What do you mean by that? Are you attempting to test the drive's ability to detect an OL condition in the motor circuit? Then the answer is no. The only thing you could do is to replace the motor with a load bank that you can adjust the current on until it gets to the trip current you are looking for.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20p-um001_-en-p.pdf

To detect motor overheating and protect the motor from overloading, an
external, user-supplied thermistor (PTC) or thermal switch must be connected
to terminals 78 and 79. The drive response to a motor over temperature fault is
configured in parameter 365 [OverTemp Flt Cfg]. If a thermistor or thermal
switch is not used, a 1 kΩ resistor must be connected between terminals 78 and
79 (installed at the factory). Follow the appropriate thermal sensor (thermistor or
thermal switch) installation instructions.