Non-Contact Encoder...

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I'm trying to hook up an Elovis non-contact encoder to my 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B controller...

I have the high speed counter embedded module, but seeing as this is not Allen Bradley gear I'm a little stuck on how to wire it up...

I've been using an Ethernet IP 842E AB encoder, but am finding it might not fit my application...

That unit was obviously plug and play and was easy to use...

I've attached images of the different configurations available for the Elovis and I attached the module I/O pin layout for the CL controller...

The Elovis uses numbers and the CL uses letters so I'm stuck...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

John Whited

Image on HSC module on L27.JPG Differential 5V ELOVIS.jpg Differential 24V ELOVIS.jpg Single Ended 5V ELOVIS.jpg Single Ended 24V ELOVIS.jpg

Differential inputs:
ELOVIS ---- HSC L27
I/01+ --- A0+
I/01- --- A01-
I/02+--- B0+
I/02- --- B0-
I/03+ --- Z0+
I/03- --- Z0-

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

24V or 5V - It looks like it will take both. I would go with the 24V because you probably have this in the panel already.