WonderWare data aquisition

We have just changed a PLC from a SLC-5/05 to a ControLogix-XT PLC.

Within Wonderware when I try to delete a tag which references the SLC PLC from the DASABTCP setup and recreate the tag in the new PLC DASABCIP setup, I get null values when I do a Wonderware query.

In Wonderware logs I see a message regarding the new PLC:

Encountered the following error in reply message <0711af08> when reading from New_PORT_CIP_000.XXX_Ethernet.New_Backplane_CLX_000.XXX_Logix5000_CLX_000

Is the Wonderware database trying to reference the old PLC for data?

Any ideas?

We have just changed a PLC from a SLC-5/05 to a ControLogix-XT PLC.

Within Wonderware when I try to delete a tag which references the SLC PLC from the DASABTCP setup and recreate the tag in the new PLC DASABCIP setup, I get null values when I do a Wonderware query.

In Wonderware logs I see a message regarding the new PLC:

Encountered the following error in reply message <0711af08> when reading from New_PORT_CIP_000.XXX_Ethernet.New_Backplane_CLX_000.XXX_Logix5000_CLX_000

Is the Wonderware database trying to reference the old PLC for data?

Any ideas?

The error would indicate you don't have the path set correctly to the processor....Some common mistakes:

Did you set the IP from localhost to the correct IP of the PLC in the CIP object?

Did you set the correct slot for the processor in the PLC object?

Did you create a topic with the same name as the accessname you set up in WW?

Wonderware / PLC

I was able to create a new tag name and map to the new ControlLogix PLC. I am getting data on the new tag name. This issue appears to be when I delete a tag which was associated with the old PLC and re-create the tag with the same tag name and associate to the new PLC.

I was able to create a new tag name and map to the new ControlLogix PLC. I am getting data on the new tag name. This issue appears to be when I delete a tag which was associated with the old PLC and re-create the tag with the same tag name and associate to the new PLC.

Never gone through the trouble of deleting and then recreating it with the same name....why wouldn't you just point the same tag to a different access name and change the item name as appropriate for the CLX memory address?

In any case, are you keeping the old TCP server? Have you deleted it from the DAS tree? Because the servers do cache the tagnames. If not, you'll need to delete the cache. From another thread:

"I worked through this issue with WonderWare tech support today and learned that it is due to the temporary database cache DASABCIP.4 uses to load the tag names.

2 methods for resolving this are to un-check "Use Persisted Tags" so the DAServer pulls a fresh tag database from the PLC's each time it is started, or to stop the DAServer, delete the database cache files with file extension .AATDB, and then restart the DAServer. The second option will force the DAServer to pull a fresh tag database from the PLCs as well."

Last edited:
I had to create the new DASABCIP in a different location within Wonderware so I was not aware that you could point a tag in the DASABTCP tree to the DASABCIP tree.

Yes. Simply modify the existing Access Names to link them to the new IO Server. That will change the Database to IO Server association for all of your IO Tags.