MM420 communication question

Farid

hi everybody,

I am familiar with s7 200 PLCs snd i was wondering how can I write to PZD area or any other area ?? I mean I will use MOVE instruction to move my a value that will mean a certain function to the drive, but how Can I do that? how I will tell the plc to transmit data to that particular area(pzd)??

plz a code/ example would be great,

cause I red all the posts conerning MM420, and I still dont really understand how to do it.

ps: I have MM420 inverter and it does not has profibus port or any thing, it just has P+ and N-.

thanx for any help.🍺

Farid.

Hello Farid;
I will end 3 replies, each with an attached picture.
The first one will show you the Micro/Win add-on you will need to use the USS protocol for communication and control of an MM4 drive with a S7-200. The next 2 are from a pdf document called "USS S7-200" that is available on Siemens' website. You do not need to add a Profibus module to the MM4 drive: connectors P+ and N- are all you nee; of course, profibus cable and a connector on the S7-200 side will be required.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

uss.jpg

now thats what I call help

thanx Daniel ...I really appreciate your help, thats what I was exactly looking for,

best regards:beer: