Yaskawa to ab

Joel Mancilla

Powerflex recog by rslinx .jpg

Powerflex alarm.jpgHi,

Currently our machines uses CL5K v.15 with 3 motors and the speed, on & off are being controlled by Yaskawa drive through ETHERNET. The problem is 1 drive (60HP) broke down. I have replace the drive with POWERFLEX 753 with IPCard 20-750-ENETR. I followed the instruction but I having faulted ETHERNET MODULE.

The drive IP address was set using NODE ADDRESS SWITHES, I assumed it was set up properly since it was recognized by RSlinx.

I attached the screenshots of the configuration, please help figure out the mistake (I not enough knowledge on this just following the manuals).

CL5K.jpg

Why are you using a generic module for a powerflex? You should install the PF75x AOP and use the powerflex in the io tree. Those generic modules are probably for your Yaskawa drives. You don't set up a PF the same...it will be much different as will the code to control it.

Last edited:
Rortmee..
Am using v15 of CL5k according to the manual the generic module is the option.. now i already estblished the communication but the speed reference did not transmit to the powerflex..
Powerflex reference source set up is... Para 545--- P00 powerflex--- Port 4 (where the ip card is connected)...