Yaskawa GA800 VFD bUS [Option Communication Error]

NGCPLC

Hello,
We have several Yaskawa GA800's installed in our plant. They are all controlled via Ethernet and they work fine. However, they all get this random bUS Option Communication Error. We have them all programmed to alarm only and not fault out but we lose our protection against a real communication fault.

Yaskawa says it is our unshielded Cat 5e cables but our installations are pretty clean and our other 200+ Allen Bradley VFD's have no trouble with communication in our facility.

The ethernet cables run from a Controllogix PLC Ethernet module to an N-Tron switch then to a handful of VFD's.

I feel we are missing something here. We suspect it could be some timing issues going through our N-Tron switches.

Has anyone else dealt with this and found a solution?

I can't imagine Yaskawa producing a drive that would be this sensitive to noise from unshielded Cat5e cables as most plants I've seen have standard Cat5e cables strung out everywhere.