1769 can't find module error

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Doing my 1st Compactlogix job and thought I had things nailed down. Dumped the program to day and I have two errors..can't find modules. One error is on module that has a 1769-CRL1 attached and the other is at the end where I have 1769-ECR. Hopefully a rookie mistake that this forum can help with. I'll call AB in the morning if no suggestions on this thread.

First time I worked with CompactLogix I forgot to move the top lever from rigth to left. Check that.

EDIT:
I mean the top lever on each module.

Last edited:
Exposition: the 1769-CRL1 is a "Right to Left, 1 foot" backplane extension cable.

Those cables only transmit the backplane data signals, not the power to run the logic section of the modules.

Do you have a separate 1769 power supply on the second "bank" ?

If so, then a loose connector or a damaged cable is the most likely culprit.

cornbread said:
Doing my 1st Compactlogix job...

As you are new to this...

A multi-bank 1769 CompactLogix installation can be tricky. There are certain criteria which should be adhered to and then must be validated. If checking for loose connections and locking levers does not show anything up then it might be a good idea for you to describe to us the full layout for each bank, leaving nothing out. List the processor and power supplies, discrete I/O modules and any speciality modules and where they are in each bank.

If you are getting "...at least one required connection not established before going into run mode..." type errors, or similar, then you might have something loose, or you might have something amiss with your layout.

Regards,
George

Lay out is so

Layout;
0 – L33ER
1 – IR6
2 - IR6
3 - IR6
PA2
4 - IR6
5 - IR6
6 - IR6
7 - IR6
8 – IF16V
9 - IF16V
10 - IF16V
CRL1
PA2
11- OW16
12- OW16
13- OW16
ECR

All looks good my friend. The 1769-PA2 power supply is a little bit tight on Bank#1 but it's within spec...

cornbread_CPX_Rack_Validation.bmp

What error codes are you getting exactly?