FT View ME - Alarm word bit 2 overwrites all alarm word bit 2's ??!!

antsrealm

Hi,

I have a FT View ME project with 4 alarm words. For some reason that eludes me the entry for bit '2' on each word continues to get over written with the same entry on all 4 alarm words. Every other bit is fine though.

Any ideas why this is happening ??

Refer screen shot...

** (edit) -- This project is using kepware.

L2 Pall Screen Issues.jpg

Last edited:
All Messages are the same. "Waiting For New Pallet" Are you saying each Message should be different? Messages are Hardcoded Text that show on the [ALARM] Display when the bit of the alarm word is true. If any of alarm bit 2's are true they will display the same message. If you want a different message type new message for each alarm. If you have typed a different message in each alarm and they show back up as all being the same then someone is importing the alarm file that contains the identical messages. Right click on Alarm Setup and you will see the import/export function.

Hi Cwal61,

Thanks for the reply. I created the project from scratch and didn't import any alarm messages. There is a different tag for each of the alarm words AlarmWord1, AlarmWord2 and AlarmWord3. Each of those obviously has a bit 2 alarm message and they should all be different messages. However the software seems to take what I typed in one of them and overwrite the other 2 with the same text. I can't work out why and also why it only does it with bit 2?? Frustrating as it results in the wrong message when that bit is activated.

One of them should say "WAITING FOR NEW PALLET" but not all 3 of them.

I can literally type in the correct messages and it looks good then close the alarm messages windown and reopen it and they have changed back to "WAITING FOR NEW PALLET" for all three of the bit 2 alarm messages.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It did that with a new project? sounds like a bug for tech support.
While you wait for a reply/fix, try this:

Use the XML export for the alarms; Right-click alarm setup and export to plain text XML.
Open that file up in Notepad and search for your alarm messages that are wrong.
Fix them there, save it, and import the XML back in.

That might fix those messages, but you could find the same problem happens again if you use the Alarm Setup to edit messages (ie. a bug).

It did that with a new project? sounds like a bug for tech support.
While you wait for a reply/fix, try this:

Use the XML export for the alarms; Right-click alarm setup and export to plain text XML.
Open that file up in Notepad and search for your alarm messages that are wrong.
Fix them there, save it, and import the XML back in.

That might fix those messages, but you could find the same problem happens again if you use the Alarm Setup to edit messages (ie. a bug).

+1 to this, except do yourself a favour and download Notepad++ to open/edit it with. When it comes to XML editing, going from Notepad to Notepad++ is like going from a bicycle to a lamborghini.

Hi,

I have tried doing the export and import again. However as suspected it overwrites the other 3 with what's in the message for tag 'Alarm Word' bit 2. Not sure what will happen if I don't open the messages window but this is strange.

Out of interest I will attach the exported XML file here if anyone is interested in looking.

I had to rename XML to TXT in order to upload it here.

Thanks,

Did you delete them all then use the XML import?

In that file you can see T1 and M1; which is trigger1 and Message1. They are used in several places.
I have seen the Alarm.mal file get messed up and those T1 and M1 numbers are duplicated or not in perfect order (ex. T1-T3 and M1-M64).
The fix in that case was to delete the *.mal file in your project folder then import the XML.

Yeah I didn't delete them before re-importing. I expected they would import over the top. I just deleted the duplicate alarms and recreated them so only 4 in total and it cleared. Definitely sounds like what you are suggesting might of been the case.