Rockwell Activation bindings

phuz

Someone had told me about this before, but Rockwell now forces a binding to the serial number of the HD vs allowing you to choose the binding. I want to use the MAC address binding as I always do, and I know there is a way to change it, but can't find it.

I've not had to Activate any software in the last six months but to my knowledge the options for the Host ID have not changed?

1. Hard Drive Serial Number
2. Network Interface Card (NIC) MAC Address
3. USB Dongle ID

This technote, dated January 2017, refers to ensuring the correct Host ID is entered and still includes all three options...

1009584 - Software activation: Binding ID is invalid
Access Level: Everyone

Actually I've gone to the Activations webpage live and the Host ID options are all still there...

Rockwell_Activation_HostID_Option.bmp

phuz said:
...I know there is a way to change it...

This sounds more like you want to "change" an existing Activation that is currently using a Hard Drive Serial Number for the Host ID to a NIC MAC Address for the Host ID?

Change = Rehost

You need to Rehost the Activation and this time enter the binding to the MAC Address instead.

Regards,
George